Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

I didn't plan to get drunk

I had a post all written out and ready to go. But it fell "off the wagon" if you know what I mean. It was all about the fact that I don't get drunk. Scratch that, I don't get drunk that often.

I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I would consider myself to be "drunk".

My definition of drunk is: "drinking to the point of vomitting, or passing out".

On Saturday night, after a good 25-30 samples of some serious beer, I got drunk. There is a note in my little pink notebook after sample 15 (Fuller's London Pride) which says, "I'm starting to feel a little buzzed, finally". Who would have thought that I was just about at the half way point.

But I finished the night strong, and made it back to the car just fine.

On the ride home, that's when it hit me, I was drunk.

I remember most of the ride home, and getting home and going to bed.

There was no vomitting, and no passing out. I went to bed. However, I am going to count this one. Either way, I am still counting on 1 hand!

-Cheers!

No comments: