Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Big Pour Beer List

Here we go.


9. Firestone - Oaktoberfest. This was a good beer. I am a sucker for Oktoberfests, and I loved this one. I know I liked it, and I remember it had a more hop style to it that I expect. With that said, I would buy it again. Well, if I could buy it, I would. Grade: 3.5 Burps.


Honestly, I've never been a fan of Firestone. I figured it was the tire company or the guy from The Bachelor making beer out back. The label also gave me the impression it was one of those fake microbrews owned by Anheuser Busch. Boy was I wrong.


I was lucky enough to spend about an 30 minutes talking to Jennifer, "The Goddess of Pale". This is where the beerfest really started for me. I was able to ask her questions about the beer and the brewery. And she was more than willing to share her thoughts and opinions. It was great. I learned so much about Firestone, that I am now a loyal fan. I hope to set up an interview with her soon.


10. Firestone - Aged. I spent so much time talking, and tasting, that I forgot to write down which beer it was. But I will tell you it was awesome. It is aged in their multi barrel system. It was really good. In fact, I am going to give it a good grade. Grade: 4 1/2 Burps


11. Speakeasy - Prohibition Ale. I have had this before, but it is worth trying again. It's a nice beer. Light and clean, with a citrus feel. It's a nice beer to have around for friends and novice beer drinkers. Grade: 3 burps

12. Full Sail - Session Black. It's better than the Lager. I would consider this to be a nice session beer. I would buy it, but I think I would be more interested in something else. I hate to not love this beer. Don't get me wrong, you will like it. Grade: 3 Burps

13. Full Sail - Brewers Reserve, Grandson of Spot IPA? I don't know exactly what it was. This was a table with "hired professionals". She offered us some "Jamaican Pastime", and poured us as much beer as we wanted. But she knew shit about beer. Grade: 3 Burps

14. Avery - IPA. From my notes, "Great Beer. I like it, actually love it". The hops flavor stuck around and didn't fade like a regular IPA. Avery is a great brewery. The IPA is a beer you have to try. Grade: 3 1/2 Burps

15. Bell's - Amber Ale. I have been able to try a few bottles of Bell's before. My friend Seawolf sent me a few bottles. But this was a new one. From my notes, "Very smooth beer. It's on the hops side, but has a clean finish". Grade: 3 1/2 Burps.

This is the point where I wrote down, "Finally Tipsy". It had been a good beerfest to this point. Had some average, good, and great beers. But I was only halfway through the evening.

-Cheers

No comments: