Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Willkommen to BEERFEST!

Tomorrow is the big day. I have waited patiently for months now. No. it's not my birthday, it's better. Tomorrow is BEERFEST! Well, to be politically correct, tomorrow is the 1st annual "Big Pour" beer festival. It feels like the night before Christmas. I am so excited. I hope I can sleep tonight.

I will be taking notes, and pictures, and buying lots of shit from every brewery I can. I hope to score some sweet stuff, like bottle openers, coasters, stickers, calendars, posters, hats, and shirts.

I just hope I can try as many different beers as humanly possible. That seems to be the most difficult part of a beer festival, trying everything. I know it will be a difficult task, but I am going to do my best.

However, I have a favor to ask of you. I have tried many different beers in my day. There is even a list of them to the right. I would love to get suggestions. I am really going to go out of my way to look for the brews from the east coast, and breweries I can't get here at home. But I need help. I need you guys, the beer loving readers of the world, to give me guidance. Help me decide what breweries I should look for. What beer can I not pass up. What is that beer that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

So come on people. Help a brother out. Help me make this the most memorable (or one I wish I could have remembered...thus the camera) beer festivals I have ever attended. I will make you all proud.

I will post my fuzzy thoughts tomorrow night.....hopefully.

-Prost!

1 comment:

Brian P said...

I read the list again for The Big Pour and it looks like you're set for a great day. I am a little jealous because on top of some of my favorite west coast breweries there are a bunch of breweries I have never tried. Unfortunately everything doesn't make it out here to Philadelphia.

It's tough to tell you exactly what to try since there isn't a detailed list of each beer the breweries are providing. I am sure you will run to Dogfish but don't forget about Brooklyn and Ommegang; both from NY. Also try Unibroue out of Canada; they do some interesting Belgian Styles. Two breweries that will probably have their love it or hate it beers are Alaskan and Maui. Look for Alaskan Smoked Porter it has won a ton of awards and Maui Brewing does a Coconut Porter. I love both of them. For something different try Redstone Meadery. It's not beer but Mead is the world’s oldest fermented beverage. If I were making the trip out, besides all the breweries I've never tried, my butt would be planted at Bear Republic, Dechutes, Port, Green Flash, Stone and Avery.

No matter how you do it I am sure you will have a great experience. Just remember, lots of water, it's a marathon not a sprint. Enjoy the day.

Cheers!!!