Well, my plan didn't work out exactly how I thought it would. In fact, I am still working on it right now. I just came inside to write this post and let you guys know where it stands. Here is the status thus far.
I started this morning by opening my new saw. O so sweet! I love it. Powertools rule.
Anyways, on to the fun stuff, cutting the wood. I measured all the pieces to make sure they were the right side. I cut the four pieces in a few minutes. No big deal.
Next came the screwing (that's what she said!). This is the most difficult part. The pieces have to align up as close as possible, and as flat as possible. I laid the pieces out on top of the freezer first, but that wasn't working. So I set everything up on the garage floor and started drilling.
I drilled pilot holes first to help with the 2 1/2" screws make it all the way in. Then I simply screwed 2 in each corner. Then to help keep everything a little more secure, I screwed some brackets on the inside.
Because I am a bit of a perfectionist, I started sanding. I don't know why. It is going to be completely covered inside the bar. But I can't help it. So I sanded, and sanded. Then I used wood filler to fill in all the cracks and screw holes. I even sanded down the high spots so the frame would fit more flush to the freezer.
Now, I am painting. I am using a semi gloss kitchen paint. It resists moisture and mold. So it is perfect for what I am doing. I have a couple coats on there right now. I am going to let it dry over night.
Tomorrow, I will add a couple more coats in the morning and let it dry until the afternoon. Then I will screw the hinges back on and the hard part is done. Then all I have left it the plumbing.
I will post pics tomorrow.
This is so much fun. It is going to be even more fun to put it in my room and drink beer from it.