Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Is it cool to be Thankful?

I got so sick of EVERY SINGLE BEER BLOG posting the results of the 2008 Great American Brew Fest. It was so pitiful. I mean come on. I couldn't even keep count the amount of blogs who cut and pasted the results like they were doing us a favor.

It reminded me of a Presidential Speech. Why does every stinking station have to broadcast it? CNN, I get it, I understand that one. But MTV, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel? Really? Are you serious?

So to keep with that tradition, I considered writing about what I am thankful for since today is Thanksgiving. However, I would be like one of those channels broadcasting something that everyone else is. I have never been one of those kind of people. I avoid the popular or trendy way of thinking at all costs.

So today, I will tell you that I am thankful for all those people that walk to their own beat.

No, I'm not talking about all those people who join a group to be different. You know who I am talking about. Those people who have no self confidence and join a subculture to "be different". And to be different, they dress, act, and get into everything that everyone in their group does. To conform, it means they are being different? I don't get it. I'm sorry daddy didn't love you. But get over it, and move on.

Anyway, I am talking about people who stand up and voice their opinion even if it pisses someone else off (like I am sure I just did). People who are willing to be their own person. People who say "Screw You" to the man, and mean it.

You know what, I am thankful. I am thankful for those people who were willing to defy an entire country, even if it meant death. The people who were willing to stand up for what they believed is right. Those people who brought beer to this country.

I hope I didn't turn this into a CNN wannabe channel, or a conforming non-conformist.

So I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Now go drink a beer. A nice Samuel Adams would be perfect today. And be thankful I didn't talk about the guy in the bathroom that didn't wash his hands.

-Cheers!

No comments: