With the advise of some blogging friends, I started my day with their recommendations. So I started with:
1. Reaper Ale - Pale Ale. I have had Reaper Ale before, but not their Pale Ale. It was good. I think I still prefer their Red Ale though.
2. Nimbus - Old Monkeyshine. I have heard of it, but never tried it. Weighing it a 8.2 abv, this is a fun beer. I will get this one again.
3. Redstone Meadery - Nectar. This one was a little different. The bright red mead was sweet. I think it is something my wife will enjoy. Not for me.
4. Oskar Blues - Old Chub. I love this brewery. It is the only beer I will drink that comes in a can. This was my first time drinking Old Chub Scottish style Ale. It is good stuff. I will be buying this on my next beer run.
5. Dogfish Head - 60 Minute IPA. This is just so good. You knew I was going to say that. So are you going to be surprised with my next one.
6. Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA. Again, an amazing beer. This is a staple of my diet. Sam is the man. What will he come up with next? Peaches?
7. Dogfish Head - Festina Peche. Uhmmmmm, it kills me to say it, but I didn't like it. I tried, I really did. But it just didn't do it for me. Sorry Sam.
8. Spanish Peaks - Black Dog Ale. It was ok. But my friend "Schlampe" loved it. He wanted me to make note that this was his favorite at the time.
9. Boston Brewing -Cider. Not sure which one it was. But it was ok. I enjoy a good English Cider like Strongbow now and then. I doubt I will buy this one. I think Jim should stick to beer.
10. Shiner - Bock. The first time I ever tried any of Shiner's brews. It was ok. A little on the weaker side. I was expecting a more flavorful beer. It reminded me of a big brewery beer.
11. Avery - I didn't get which one. I forgot to write it down. Bummer.
This brings you up to speed for the first hour. It was then time to get something to eat, and chill out for a while. Schlampe was wasted. He isn't quite a seasoned drinker yet. I am working with him. But he only drinks like this when he is with me at a beerfest, or in Europe.
12. Deschutes - Obsidian Stout. I was excited to see that they brought out Woody. The beer is always good. I think they are a step below the top tier breweries. But I still buy their beers.
13. Green Flash - West Coast IPA. This was really good. Another one recommended to me. And I am glad I tried it. I have passed it by many times on the shelf. I will buy something from Green Flash next time.
14. Grand Teaton - XX Bitch Ale. I like this one. I have tried the Au Naturale Organic Blonde Ale before. I am a fan. I think they make some good beer.
15. Sierra Nevada - Summerfest Lager. I like Sierra Nevada. I was hoping for one of their special releases. But I guess they were not available. O well.
16. Hacker-Pschorr - Oktoberfest. I love it. It is one of my favorites. I actually went around the tent to get another. I'm not going to count it as two, because I had three in total. But I love it.
17. Paulaner - Pilsner. I love Paulaner. Then again, I love most German beers. I was really hoping for something different than the Pilsner. But I will take it on tap when ever I can.
18. Dale Bros - Pomona Queen. This is a good lager. I really enjoyed it. I actually stuck around and talked to the guys about the brewery. During our conversation, he kept filling my glass with all of their different beers.
19. Dale Bros - Winter Haze. I really like this one as well. It is an amber lager. A little more robust than the Pomona Queen. I would search this one out if I were you.
20. Rock Art - Ridge Runner. An english barleywine. It was an enjoyable beer. There was a lot going on in there. But I know I enjoyed it because I tried their next offering.
21. Rock Art - IPA. Not on the same league as a Dogfish Head, but it was good nevertheless. A Vermont brewery that I have never had. I am glad I had the chance to try it.
22. Brooklyn Brewery - Lager. You can't go wrong with this one. I good beer all the way around. I wish it were a little easier to get out here on the west coast. And from what I was told, it soon will be. They are close to having it readily available soon. I am excited about this.
This brings it to the two plus hour mark. At this time, Schlampe needed to sit down. And he did, where ever he could. He eventually made his way into the stands to fall asleep I think. Time was running out, so I made another lap to try to score some free swag, and a few more beers.
To be honest, I was feeling really good. And to be completely honest, my palate was gone. My judgement in beers was severely lacking. All the different beers were tasting the same. Don't judge the next samples at face value. I got something out of each one.
23. Delirium - Tremens. I am not a huge fan of Belgium brews, but Delirium is a good beer. So much in fact, the term Good Burp is from Belgium. Thus my blog. Neat huh.
24. Santan Brewing - Not sure which one because I cant read my writing. I know it was ok. I kissed his ass and told him I would write something great about them. His name is Klye. He gave me a cool shirt. Thanks Kyle. I hope to make it over to your brewpub in the future.
25. Modelo - Especial. I know, I know. I did it for a shirt. And I got one!
26. Modelo - Negra Modelo. I needed another shirt for Schlampe. At least I didn't drink the Corona.
27. New Belgium - 2 Below. I really wish I could have remembered this one. I am sure it is a good beer. But my cup was in dire need of a rinse after the Modelo contamination. I will find it and buy it. I owe it them.
28. Cucapa - Chupacabra Pale Ale. I don't know what to say. It tasted like beer. I know it was ok because I finished it. I wish I had more to tell you.