Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Beer Trade


I got an interesting email from a friend the other day. He is an avid home brewer and beer fan. We talk about cars, beer, boobs. You know, guy stuff. By the end of the beer talk, both of us end up being jealous. Why? Because the other one always seems to be drinking a better beer. You see, he lives on the east coast, and I am on the west coast. And when it comes to beer distribution, all things are not fair.

So he came up with an idea. He wanted to know if I might be interested in doing a beer exchange. After I took the 2 seconds to think it over, I think my response was something like, "Hellz Yeah". I have been dreaming of this for a long time. It seems like I am constantly reading blogs where people write a review of a beer I can't get. Or they post a picture of some new special beer that I will never be able to find. Honestly, it pisses me off. So I am all ready to start trading.

However, I have a little problem. How do I know what to ask for? I mean, if you asked for a brewery on the west coast, I can tell you which ones to try, which ones I like, and if there are any new seasonal brews available. When it comes to the smaller east coast breweries, I don't have a clue. I don't know of many. And I surely don't know which beers to ask for.

This is where I need you, my beer swilling friends. What do I ask for? What am I missing out on? What is the brewery out there that I just have to try? And what is that beer that I will fall in love with? I would love to have your recommendations. And when I do, I will tally up all the suggestions, and post the results. Once I receive the beer, I will write a full review of each and every one. I hope I get to write a lot of them. So please, help a brother out.

-Cheers

No comments: