Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm better when I'm Drunk


Who's Barry Badrinath?
Who's Barry Badrinath?
Who's Barry Badrinath?
Who's Barry Badrinath?
Who's Barry Badrinath?
Who's Barry Badrinath?

Lately, I've been feeling like Barry Badrinath. For those of you in the dark, Barry Badrinath is the guy in Beerfest who plays quarters, "better when drunk". You might have noticed that I haven't been blogging much lately. I really didn't know why.

Then it hit me.

I was watching Beerfest this weekend. There is the scene where the fellas try to get Barry to join their Beer Drinking Team to compete against the Germans in the super secret beer drinking competition, Beerfest.

Barry was the best beer gamer ever. Best at Quarters. Best at Pong. Best at everything. But Barry has hit rock bottom. Working under a bridge charging $15 for a ZJ. But most importantly, Barry has lost his special ability. He can't play quarters anymore. Or has he? When it seems like the fellas are without their best beer gamer, Barry shows up at the Schnitzengiggle and puts on a quarters show for the ages. What happened to Barry?

"I'm better when I'm drunk".

That is when it hit me. I am better when I'm drunk. At least, I am better at blogging when I'm drunk. I seem to be at the top of my game after drinking a few cold ones. I can't explain it. But my mind just starts going and I start typing. (thank God for spellcheck)

But I haven't been drinking much beer lately. I just haven't felt that desire to drink beer. I have been growing tired of the 3 beers in my kegerator, and I am running low on quality beer in my beer fridge. And I have been too lazy to make a run over to the BevMo to pick up some new styles.

So guess what I'm going to do tomorrow. Yep, I'm going to drink. And lets see if I blog. If I drink enough, I bet I will. Lets call it a test.

-Prost!

No comments: