Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hofbrauhaus, German for beer


I have been growing a little tired of the beers I have on tap. So I decided to give them a rest for a few days and experiment. What am I going to drink tonight? A few of my favorites I think. I'm going to drink some good beer and get back to what I enjoy, Germany.

First on the list tonight, Hacker-Pschorr. I'm opening a bottle of Munich Gold finest Lager. German beers are by far my favorite, and Hacker-Pschorr is one of my favorites breweries in all of Deutschland. There is just something special in a bottle of German beer that makes me happy. I don't know what it is, but it tastes so good!

Next on the list tonight, Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest amber marzen. I can only imagine what Oktoberfest is like since I have yet to make it. But I know I like the beer. Marzens are my favorite style of beer. I love that malt flavor and the copper color. It sets it apart from a regular lager style beer. This is the last Oktoberfest I had in my beer fridge. So now I have to wait a good 6 or 7 months before I can get some more. But it is like Christmas. It just wouldn't be as special if I had it every day.

This is what I have been waiting for, Hofbrauhaus Original . A special beer for me. This beer takes me back to my happy place. Can you hear the band playing, "In Munchen steht ein Hofbrauhaus" (In Munich is the Hoffbrau pub).....come on, sing along.......

In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus,
Eins, Zwei, g'suffa.
DA läuft so manches Fäßchen aus
Eins, Zwei, g'suffa.
DA hat schon mancher brave Mann,
Eins, Zwei, g'suffa,gezeigt,
was er so vertragen kann.


I have a very limited amount of these bottles left. So I save them for special occasions. Tonight seems to be one of those nights. God, I love this beer. My ancestors really knew what they were doing. I am so proud to be of German descent every time I drink one of these. In fact, I think it is time to start planning my trip to Oktoberfest in 2010.

Now, since I got this party started, i'm going to crack open another bottle of Hofbrauhaus. It is so hard to resist. It's just as powerfull as crack to me. It makes me so happy to drink these, yet I feel a little more sad. As much as I LOVE to drink these, I can't help think that there is now 1 less bottle in my fridge. I am going to have to track down more. That is all I can do.

From what I hear, there is a Hofbrauhaus in Las Vegas. Since 2010 is a while away, I think I need to take a road trip. I think I am going to invite a bunch of friends and make a party out of it. I think they will come in droves. When it comes to a party, and beer, I am Moses. They would follow me through the desert to reach the Promise Land. In this case, across the desert to the Hofbrauhaus in Vegas. I can't wait to blog about that!

-Prost!

No comments: