Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ten Pin Porter. I hate bowling.

I have a plan. You might have noticed that I jump around a lot with my beer selection. I try to stay as diversified as possible. Keep things loose. That’s the way I roll.

(Get it? The bowling thing? Never mind.)

Anyways, this is my new plan. I am going to try to avoid talking about the same kind of beer in consecutive posts. This will keep my pallet fresh for the next tasty brew.

Are you ready? Here it goes.

SKA-Brewing Ten Pin Porter. From Durango Colorado. I have had a few of their other brews. I really wanted to like this one, but I don’t think I do. It is OK. It represents a porter well. Has a nice color, and a pleasant chocolate and coffee aroma. It has a nice malt and a caramel taste, with a slight bitter finish. But the overall flavor is weak. I wanted it to have a better mouth feel. I took my time drinking it with hopes that the increasing temperature would bring an increased taste. But it didn’t. It just doesn’t compete with a good porter.

So to sum it up. Did I like it? No. Was it good? Yes. Would I recommend it? That depends. If you are in the mood for something a little darker, but don’t want to jump into the deep end, this is the porter for you. However, if you are looking for a good porter, get something else.

By the way, I really hate bowling.

-Cheers.

No comments: