Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reason to Drink - Game 5


As if I needed another reason to drink beer. How do you blow a 7 run lead with only 9 outs to go? I don't know. I wish I knew.

I love baseball. I love it with a burning passion deep within my soul. It kills me when my team looses. It ruins my day, and can put me in the worst mood. So bad in fact, that a beer or 3 doesn't make me feel any better.

My teams are out of it this year, so I have to pick a surrogate team. Anyone who plays the Dodgers is usually my motto. But this post season, it is the Tampa Bay Rays. They beat one pair of Sox so I hope they can do it again.

I am siting here screaming obscenities at my TV. Why? I don't know. Maybe because I like to. I have seen some torrential meltdowns over the decades, but this is right up there. I don't necessarily hate the Boston Redsox, but dammit, I want the Rays to win.

I guess it isn't over yet. The series moves south for game 6 and 7. Hopefully it is a day game so all the blue hairs can get out and support the Rays before heading to Luby's by 4:30 for the senior citizens discount dinner.

8 runs in 2.2 innings. Amazing.

I need a beer.

No comments: