Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Austria, another place for beer

This is getting bad. Three beer reviews in a row. I have no problem giving my opinion on anything, so I guess I will give you my opinion on my latest beer, Stiegl Pils.

To begin with, I am a HUGE fan of the Bavaria and Austrian breweries. I first had this beer in Salzburg last year. As with nearly all of the beer I drank, I loved it. With that said, I was a little disappointed with it here at home. I was really hopping for a more authentic representation of an Austrian Pislner.

To start, the taste was a little weak. It didn't have an aftertaste, but a little bit of a bitterness as it left the pallet. Overall, it just didn't taste like it should have. The light color was typical and expected, with a quickly dissolving head.

I don't know if I had set such a high bar for it, or I am comparing it to what I remember. Either way, it just didn't measure up. I am a little bummed out.

So to sum it up. Did I like it? Yes. Was it good? No. Would I recommend it? I don't think so.

There are so many other beers like it, so don't waste you money on this one. Trumer Pils comes to mind. Just buy the beer on either side of this one.

-Prost!

No comments: