Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm Back!


What's up? It's been a while, hasn't it. I had some stuff to do. I'm a very busy and important man. But I'm back despite all that other stuff. I'm sure you missed me, and I have missed you too.

So lets get you all caught up.

Previously, on Lost....I mean Good Burp. "Brandon gives up beer in an attempt to loose weight after he made a stupid bet with his friend Schlampe." (It sounds a lot more cool if you imagine it in that deep, ominous voice like the Lost dude. Or if it was Waylen Jennings telling you as I attempted to jump a creek in the General Lee).

Back to the story.

I gave up beer, for a short time. I went days without a beer and even started working out. That didn't last long. After some encouraging words of advice from my beer buddies, Michael and the Beer Buddah, I started up again.

At first it was just one. Guinness was my gateway beer. Hell, it's nearly diet beer. And that bit about the monks drinkings beer, and liquid bread, why wouldn't I keep drinking it? It's almost as if God himself wanted me to keep drinking beer.

Eventually, I graduated to the better and stronger beers. Before I knew it I was right back at it. But what about that $100? Through the grapevine (Mrs. Schlampe), I found out that Mr. Schlampe wasn't doing so well. In fact, he had gained a pound. At that time, I was down nearly 7 pounds, and doing awesome. But that bit of news did me in. I started to slack off. First the beer came knocking. Then i divorced the exercise bike. The poor thing just sat there, collecting dust. Before I knew it, I was back in line at BevMo every Friday night. Thank God they extended their hours. Coincidence, I think not!

(Swirling music, and a "Flash Forward"...Just like on Lost)

What if I kept hitting the gym, and kept buying and trying and enjoying the beers? What would happen? The Hulk is what happens! OK, not quite, more like Iron Man, with hopes of becoming Wolverine in the not so distant future.

For the past 2 months, I have been hitting the gym 2 or 3 times a week. I try to watch what I eat, but drink just about whatever I want. And it's working. I have managed to maintain my weight, but add nearly 2" in each arm and my chest. In addition, I've lost an inch in my waist. Who wouldn't be excited about that? I might not win that $100, but at least I'm not going to have to pay it out!

To celebrate this glorious day, I'm busting out a very special beer which I've been saving in my very crowded beer fridge. It's a Dogfish Head - Midas Touch. Yes I know, it's so good! Sam is amazing. I'm enjoying it very much. More than that cheap ass Dahrma Beer that Sawyer drinks in his little cabin on his weird, time traveling island. I don't care how thirsty I was, or what you offered me. I would refuse to give up beer here in the world we live, to go to freakin island. What the hell were Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid thinking? They knew there wasn't good beer there, yet they all went back. Idiots!

Back in the real world, I'm moving forward with my plans. It seems that building websites and designing logos takes up much more time than writing blog posts. Luckily, I am really good at one of those tasks, so it's done. The other (websites) has taken much longer than I expected. I have logos, but why is it so difficult to create a website? Actually, it's not that hard. Acquiring the program to create such websites has been a struggle, and the time to sit and design exactly what I want has been very, very time consuming. But I'm working on it.

Everything else is still in the works. The brewery is in it's infancy. I have the domain, and most of the logo. The website still needs work, but I have a plan. I'm working on raising the capital to get it going. That street looks good. I'll know more in the coming months. So stay tuned for that.

I think we are all caught up. But there is a new episode tomorrow. Who knows what is going to happen? A beer review? Some pictures from Beerfest? More about my addition to Netflix? Who knows. But I'll tell you this, It sure feels good to be back!

-Cheers!

No comments: