Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Arizona Beer Festival, another great time

I spent yesterday at the Great Arizona Beer Festival. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday. Great people, great weather, and great beer. Another beerfest to remember.

I'm not sure how many samples I officially tried. However, I did take notes on 19 different ones. Some good, some bad, and some great! A few really stuck out and reminded me why I love beer. Not that I needed a reminder, but it helps.

There were a few new breweries pouring this year. That's what I really makes a beerfest outstanding for me. I go out of my way to try the breweries I might never tried before, or ever again. I don't stand in line for a Sierra Nevada, or a Widmer, or Heaven forbid, a Miller. I will stand in line for Odell's and New Belgium, and Stone, and of course, Dogfish Head. You can't go wrong with these guys because at worst, you get a great beer. But if you're lucky, you get to try a new beer or seasonal concoction which you may never try again. Just my two cents.

I'm compiling the data and will post reviews and pictures this week.

-Cheers!

Note: The battery in my camera died, so I didn't get as many shots as I wanted.

No comments: