Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Total Wine, a follow up

A few months ago, I had a little run in with the manager at my local Total Wine and More. You might remembe that, I wrote a post a about it. Since I've been catching everyone up on some old posts, I figured it was about time to catch you up on this one.

After I wrote about the issue at Total Wine, it didn't take long for me to be contacted by the people running things. In fact, they contacted before I even realized it. The Business Development Manager, Rob Hill started to follow me on Twitter, and attempted to contact me by posting comments om my posts.

I have been through this before, and I was again a little apprehensive to reply so quickly. Before I knew it, I was on the phone talking to Mr. Hill about my incident at his store.

We talked for some time, and I will tell you it was a complete pleasure. Mr Hill is a very nice man. He was very concerned about what had happened. He asked that I tell him my story, which I did. He apologized for the situation, and assured me that it wasn't something that they (as a company) tolerated.

When we were finished with our conversation, he asked if it would be alright if he had the District Manager, Mr. Sowden contact me and if I wouldn't mind telling him my story, which I did a few days later.

To my enjoyement, Mr. Sowden and Mr. Hill are both beer men. I have must have talked to Mr. Sowden for 20 minutes just about beer. I learned about the founders of Total Wine and that even though they are called Total Wine, beer runs deep in their veins.

I have talked to Mr. Hill on several occasions sine then. Each time, it has been a pleasure. I've also stopped by my local Total Wine a few times to pick up some seasonal and single bottles of different brews which I have yet to try or review (I have so many to write about).

Did I mention that Total wine has a close relationship with non other than Dogfish Head? I didn't? How could I have forgot? But yes, it's true. And I absolutely loved the Dogfish Head Squall IPA!

So now you are up to date on yet another cliffhanger from Good Burp. I'm sure there are a few more, but lets move on.

-cheers

No comments: