Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Running on Empty

That's it. I'm on empty. I have finished off all three of my kegs. 15 Gallons of beer in 4 months. Not bad. But now, the fun begins. I get to buy more beer!

My first choice was an easy one. Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. How can I not have a Sam Calagione brewed beer on tap? That would violate a "Good Burp Beer Rule", (Must have Dogfish Head beer available at all times). I can order it this weekend, and be drinking by Tuesday. Gotta love it!

That still leaves two more taps to fill. I'm not really sure on the two yet. But I am planning on having a party. In actualality, I am having a part in a mere three weeks. I am supplying the beer, and I have a reputation to uphold. I want to have quality beer on tap, but I really don't want all of them to drink my Dogfish Head. I would like for them to try it, and like it. Then go out and but themselves some Dogfish on their own dime. But I am worried they will try it, like it, and keep on drinking it. Or worse, try it and not like it, then waste it. That would be a travesty. A completer beer foul. So I need to find a beer that a novice beer drinker will enjoy, as well as myself.

Therefore, I think my second choice is going to be New Belgium Straight Arrow Ale. It is quality ale. A session ale if you will. I know I can go through it if need be. And I think the party goers will enjoy it as well. I think it is going to be the safe choice. What do you think?

The third choice is going to be the hard one. I really wish I could get another Dogfish Head Beer on tap, but I can't. So I need to find a different style of beer that I will enjoy, and a guy looking for a good beer will appreciate. Something like a Flying Dog Old Scratch Lager (like I had the last time around), or a New Belgium Fat Tire, or possibly a Four Peaks Kilt Lifter again. I might be able to pick up a seasonal brew like the Sierra Nevada Summer Lager, or the latest Sam Adams offering. I really don't know. It is such a hard decision.

I think I need to make a trip to the BevMo, and the Total Wine and see what it available. 5 Gallons of beer is a great thing to have. However, it can be a burden if you make the wrong decision. I wish I had a better choice of kegs to choose from, but I don't. So I am forced to make a decision from what is available.

I will keep you posted.

-Cheers!

No comments: