Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I had a drinking problem.

Is this the sign of a problem? I guess it all depends on the way you look at it. I do have a drinking problem. Well, I did have a drinking problem. The problem is that I didn't know what to do with all the empty bottles after I finished them.

This is where they end up first, on the side of my desk. As I write the posts for my blog and make the roster moves for my fantasy football teams, I would drink them, then line them up to the side when they were finished.

By the way, I have the best record in one of the leagues thank you very much.

Anyways, eventually there would be too many empty bottles. They would start to crowd my keyboard and get in the way of my monitor. So I would move them to a box on the floor. I am conscientious about the environment, so I saved them to recycle. Actually, the city gave us a recycle bin so it leaves more room in the regular trash can.

Eventually, the bottles start to get in my way again, so I start a new box. It is a vicious cycle. A cycle that finally ended last week, with 96 empty bottles on the floor. That's right, in less than a month, I ended up with 96 (ninety-six) empty bottles of some great beers. That is like what, 3 - 4 beers a day on average? Not to bad if you ask me.

But no more. I have given that up. I have solved my problem. I am going to stop drinking.....from bottles.

From now on, I will drink from a keg. The bottles take up to much space, and I hate carrying them to the recycle bin. It is all the way outside. No more. Just fresh kegged beer from a tap for me. It is such a great thing to be able to take a mere 18 steps to refill my glass, which I will wash and use over and over again.
See, I care about the environment.
-Prost!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excellent solution to an excellent problem!

Rory and Tom said...

it does indeed sound like a good solution, brought some of my first Sam Adam's Boston lager yesterday, excited to try. With regaurds to the Fuller's, i do think it is really worth a try, perhaps a trade could be in order in the new year? A couple of Dogfish head 90 minutes(or somthing equally to good that we can't get over hear)for a bottle of the Brewer's reserve?