Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

CO2 is a Go.


We are almost there. I'm still waiting on the kegs though. They were ordered and confirmed this morning. I double checked. I am going to pick them up on Friday night. They better be there, or there will be hell to pay!
.
In the mean time, I need to get everything else ready to go. I want to finish as much as I can now so all I have to do is "tap" the kegs, and I am ready to go.
.
So, this is where I am as of 5 minutes ago. I just hooked up the CO2 tank. It worked perfectly. I pressure tested the system and everything looks great. I am going to let the tank sit in the keezer to see what happens to the pressure.
.
From what I have read, and been told, the pressure drops when the CO2 tank is inside the freezer instead of being outside.
.
I'm not happy with the temperature probe just hanging there. I am looking for a better way to have it in there without being in the way. But for now, it will do.
.
Friday night, I will hook everything up and take some more pictures. I will post them for you to drool over. Just kidding. But I sure was envious of all the other guys who made keezers before I did. I am thankful that they were nice enough to post the pictures and give steps and directions on how they did it. I hope I have returned the favor.
.
If you have any questions about anything, please let me know. I will do my best to tell you how I did it, and why I did it. It wasn't to difficult to build by any means. I wish I would have done it sooner. I'm happy I have one of my own now.
.
-Cheers!


2 comments:

Practically Joe said...

Okay ... I've been out of the loop and I'm trying to catch up ... So you're making a geezer? Will this be an old geezer?

Good Burp said...

You have a good reason to be out of the loop. But yes, I built a KEEZER, not a Geezer (say no to drugs). I would think you might have one.