Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Are you sure you're drinking a real Micro Brew?

Anat Baron's insightful film, Beerwars introduced us to the war between Anheuser Busch and Miller Coors vs. the American Microbreweries. It was a fascinating film about the American brewing industry. It's a real life "David and Goliath" story.

I was fortunate to see the film on the theater when it was shown nationwide. I left the theater vowing to never drink another beer owned by Anheuser Busch (now In Bev) or the Miller Coors partnership.

Some of you fellow beer drinkers might feel the same way, and drink imported beers such as Pislner Urquell, Lowenbrau, Beck's, Bass, or Blue Moon is your way of sticking it to the man. I hate to brake it to you, but you have been had. Their evil plan has worked on you.

I have been searching for a list of beers and breweries owned by the corporate giants since that day. But I have been unable to find it, until today. Anat Baron was kind enough to post a partial list on the Beer Wars website today. I encourage you to read the list, and avoid the beers listed.

I also recommend that you watch the film Beer Wars. It really is a great documentary about the little guy taking on the big guy. I'm sure you will enjoy it for what it is. Who knows, it might even change your opinion of beer.

Here is the list. I hope you avoid them in the future.

http://beerwarsmovie.com/2009/12/01/who-owns-what/#more-927

No comments: