Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tale from a beer line.


This is going to be short, and sweet. It has been a long day, and I feel like going to bed. But dammit, said I would do this, so here it is.

I was looking through the beers yesterday at, the BevMo. And I noticed these three Frat looking guys. They pushed the shopping cart up and down the rows a few time. Ultimately, they picked up a case of the usual college brews, Bud Light and Miller Lite.

I wasn't judging. They are young, and stupid. But I didn't realize just how stupid they really were. One of the three seemed to have a little style with his beer choices. He walked over and picked up a 6 pack of Samuel Adams Boston Lager. I thought to myself, good choice young man. You are have a future in the beer world.

But I soon realized how screwed we all are. He showed the 6 pack to his friends, put it in their cart and blurted out this gem:

"I drink Sam Adams because he makes good beer, and was a good President".

Wow. The public education system did it's job well, didn't it. Because I really doubt this genius made it into college, or "colege" like his shirt said.

-Cheers!

2 comments:

Brian P said...

Whenever I grab a case of beer I always check out what others are buying. The places I go tend to specialize in craft beer so the choices are great and many people are there for something other than the bland macros. The funny thing is when I do see someone with BudMillerCoors or worse yet a true bottom brand like Natural Light I want to sit down and councel them on good beer. Of course I don't. We all have the right to drink what we like and I'm in no position to inflict my taste on others. I simply resort to shaking my head and assessing that they simply don't know any better. Damn I think I'm starting to sound like a beer snob. Oh well!

Good Burp said...

There is nothing wrong with being a beer "snob". Nor giving your highly educated beer opinion.