Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Flying Dog Brewery, after my own heart


Today, I sit here with a plan to write a post about another beer "happening" in my life. I usually do so with a beer by my side. As luck would have it, it is another great beer from the people at Flying Dog Brewery. My plan was to tell you about my run in at the BevMo last night with the "culprit" from a few months ago. However, that is going to have to wait until tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm going to tell you about the beer in my hand.

As planned, I stopped by the BevMo last night to stock up on a few new beers for the weekend. It was a long day, and I was just able to make it into the store before it closed. I didn't have the time to spend the usual hour searching through all the beers for something new or exciting.

"Attention BevMo Shoppers, it is now 8:55. We will be closing in 5 minutes". So I grabbed something I knew I would enjoy, Flying Dog Classic Pale Ale.

There are a few breweries that are dear to my heart. More and more, I find myself drinking something from Flying Dog. Last week it was the Barley Wine, and the week before that it was the Old Scratch Amber Lager. And the weeks before that it was the Road Dog Porter, and the Snake God IPA. My favorite style of beer is a Marzen, a.k.a. "Oktoberfest". With no disrespect to my German brothers, Flying Dog Dogtoberfest is my favorite. So it comes as no surprise that I love their Classic Pale Ale, Doggie Style.

I find myself gushing about Flying Dog every time I drink one. Who am I kidding, I never drink just one. So how can I sit here and drink their amazing beers, and not talk about them to you, my beer loving friends. Isn't that the whole idea of the beer blog? Drink, review, and talk about the breweries that are different, and make drinking beer an enjoyable adventure each and every day. What else can I say about Flying Dog that I haven't said before? I love them. They are just different enough without being an outcast. Then again, would that be so bad?

My birthday is next month. Guess what I asked for, a Flying Dog t-shirt. It's the least I can do to support one of my favorite breweries. Keep up the great work guys. I can't wait for the next one.

-Prost!

2 comments:

josh mishell said...

Thanks for this awesome post about our beer. And thanks for drinking Flying Dog.

"Good Beer, No Shit."
-Ralph Steadman

Josh Mishell
Creative Manager
Flying Dog Brewery

Good Burp said...

Josh, you are more than welcome. Keep up the good "brewing".