Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Uninspired no more, thanks to Twilight

I've been a little uninspired lately. I don't know what it is, but every time I sit down to talk about something, I get side tracked and tell myself, I'll make a post tomorrow. However, tomorrow turns into the weekend, and it became a viscious cycle. I guess it is just the dog days of summer.

I have been drinking some nice beers though. In fact, right now I am drinking Twilight Ale, the newest seasonal release from Deschutes Brewery. And I'm really enjoying it. So much in fact, that I am actually typing out a blog post about it.

Out here in the Wild, Wild Southwest, certain beers are a little less enjoyable this time of year. When the temperature doesn't drop below 100 at night, a nice lighter style beer is what I look for. Deschutes Brewery does turn out some fine ales. In my opinion, I tend to think they are a little mild for my taste. However, for this time of year, Twilight Ale is exactly what I have been looking for.

This is turning out to be a nice session beer. It has a nice, full flavor for an ale on the lighter side. It leans to the hops side of the spectrum, without reaching into that IPA category. To even things out, the slight hint of malt really mellows out this ale.

Grade: 3 1/2 Burps

So I tip my hat to Deschutes, and give them a big "Thank You". Thank you for making such an enjoyable ale, and thank you for inspiring me again.

-Cheers!

No comments: